With all the mornings I’ve rushed to get washed up, dressed, grab a bite to eat… and oh yeah, squeeze some prayer time in – I’m realizing it’s time to rethink how I get ready for Sunday. I’ve spent way to many mornings not being intentional with my time. Without a doubt the mornings I’ve gotten a head start on the night before have been like a breath of fresh air. My mind is calm and I’m that much more focused on leading my team.
Here are some really practical rhythms I’ve been putting into practice. This stuff may be silly or obvious but lately, at least for me, the obvious has become forgetful, so having this mental check list has really helped me out. I hope it helps you gain a more consistent win on your Sunday mornings.
* Lay out your clothes the night before.
* Think through Sunday morning devotional. (for those that circle up for devotional and prayer time)
* Dont rush. Set your alarm and get up early.
* Pray and read (I’m really loving this site. Great for morning devotional http://d365.org )
* Look over set. Imagine where its going and how it sounds.
* Go over service prayers/talking point notes.
* Drink water, eat light.
* Warm up your voice on the way to church.
* LASTLY: HAVE A TON FUN AND DON’T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY.