Ok, so Saturday got away from me again. My phone alarm wakes me up and its another hectic Sunday morning…
Bit it doesn’t have to be. Of course you can’t control the unexpected situations like the power going out or the baby spitting up on all your clothes before you’re about to head out the door but there are things you can control that will help eliminate loads of extra stress.
With all the mornings I’ve rushed to get washed up, dressed, grab a bite to eat… and oh yeah, squeeze some prayer time in – I’m realizing it’s time to rethink how I get ready for Sunday. I’ve spent way to many mornings not being intentional with my time. Without a doubt the mornings I’ve gotten a head start on the night before have been like a breath of fresh air. My mind is calm and I’m that much more excited to lead.
Here are some really practical rhythms I’ve been putting into practice. This stuff may be silly or obvious but lately, at least for me, the obvious has become forgetful, so having this mental check list has really helped me out. I hope it helps you too.
• LAY OUT YOUR CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE.
• DON’T RUSH. GET UP EARLY.
• PRAY/MEDITATE (I’m really loving this site lately. Great for morning mediations http://d365.org )
• LOOK OVER THE SET. IMAGINE WHERE IT’S GOING AND HOW IT SOUNDS.
• DRINK WATER.
• EAT LIGHT.
• USE THE DRIVE TO CHURCH TO WARM UP YOUR VOICE.
• LASTLY: HAVE A TON FUN AND DON’T TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY.